THE 小OMMANDANT TOWER

Close

The 小ommandant (Komendantskaya) Tower (former Kolymazhnaya — Carriage) was built in 1493-1495 on the northwestern side of the Kremlin's wall along the Alexandrov Gardens. Originally, it was called Kolymazhnaya (Carriage) because of the Kremlin's Carriage Court situated nearby. It was overbuilt with a stone marquee in 1676-1686.

In the XIXth century, the tower was given its present-day name after the Commandant of Moscow made the nearby Kremlin's Fun Palace his official residence.

The tower's height as seen from the Alexandrov Gardens is 41,25 m.

The 小ommandant (Komendantskaya) TowerThe 小ommandant (Komendantskaya) TowerThe 小ommandant (Komendantskaya) Tower

侣判