CHAPEL OF ST ALEXANDER NEVSKY

Close

The Chapel of St Alexander Nevsky was built in 1886 on Red Square to the north, viz to the right of the diverted fighting platform of the Nikolskaya Tower in the so-called Russian style. It was erected in commemoration of the victory over the Polish invaders in 1612. The chapel was damaged during the artillery fire of the Kremlin in 1917. It was half-dismantled in 1925 and fully dismantled in 1930. Now that place is empty.

Side-chapels of St Alexander Nevsky and St Nicholas the Wonderworker by the Nikolskaya Tower of the KremlinSide-chapels of St Alexander Nevsky and St Nicholas the Wonderworker by the Nikolskaya Tower of the Kremlin