THE ARMOURY (ORUZHEINAYA) TOWERClose
- TOWERS OF THE KREMLIN
- THE SECRET (TAINITSKAYA) TOWER
- THE BEKLEMISHEV TOWER
- THE ANNUNCIATION TOWER
- THE 2ND NAMELESS TOWER
- THE PETER TOWER
- THE 1ST NAMELESS TOWER
- THE WATER SUPPLYING TOWER
- THE STS. CONSTANTINE AND HELEN TOWER
- THE BOROVITSKAYA TOWER
- THE SAVIOUR (SPASSKAYA) TOWER
- THE ST. NICHOLAS (NIKOLSKAYA) TOWER
- THE SENATE (SENATSKAYA) TOWER
- THE CORNER ARSENAL TOWER
- THE MIDDLE ARSENAL TOWER
- THE ARMOURY (ORUZHEINAYA) TOWER
- THE Ð¡OMMANDANT TOWER
- THE ALARM BELL (NABATNAYA) TOWER
- THE TRINITY (TROITSKAYA) TOWER
- THE KUTAFIYA TOWER
- THE TSAR`S (TSARSKAYA) TOWER
- BUILDINGS IN THE KREMLIN
The Armoury (Oruzheinaya) Tower (former Konyushennaya — Stables) was built in 1493-1495 at the northwestern side of the Kremlin's wall facing the Alexandrov Gardens. It is situated between the Borovitskaya and Komendantskaya Towers. In the early XVIIth century the tower had a pass-gate to the Kremlin's Konnyushenniy (Stables) Court. That is why it was first called Konyushennaya (Stables) Tower.
The tower's marquee top erected in 1676-1686 has survived in its medieval shape till nowadays.
The Oruzheinaya Tower was given its present-day name in the XIXth century after the Oruzheinaya (Armoury) Chamber had been built in its vicinity.
The tower's height is 38,9 m.