THE ALARM BELL (NABATNAYA) TOWERClose
- TOWERS OF THE KREMLIN
- THE SECRET (TAINITSKAYA) TOWER
- THE BEKLEMISHEV TOWER
- THE ANNUNCIATION TOWER
- THE 2ND NAMELESS TOWER
- THE PETER TOWER
- THE 1ST NAMELESS TOWER
- THE WATER SUPPLYING TOWER
- THE STS. CONSTANTINE AND HELEN TOWER
- THE BOROVITSKAYA TOWER
- THE SAVIOUR (SPASSKAYA) TOWER
- THE ST. NICHOLAS (NIKOLSKAYA) TOWER
- THE SENATE (SENATSKAYA) TOWER
- THE CORNER ARSENAL TOWER
- THE MIDDLE ARSENAL TOWER
- THE ARMOURY (ORUZHEINAYA) TOWER
- THE Ð¡OMMANDANT TOWER
- THE ALARM BELL (NABATNAYA) TOWER
- THE TRINITY (TROITSKAYA) TOWER
- THE KUTAFIYA TOWER
- THE TSAR`S (TSARSKAYA) TOWER
- BUILDINGS IN THE KREMLIN
It is an interstitial blank tower of the Kremlin's west side, erected in 1490-s. In 1676-1686, it was overbuilt with a high four-faceted marquee simular in details to the Arsenalnaya Tower's top. The tower's original shape has survived.
The main function of the tower was to room the bells of the Saviour's Nabat (Alarm) — the Kremlin's fire brigade.
In 1771, Tsarina Catherine the Great ordered to tear out the «trouble-making» tongue of the bell that was ringing during the famous «Plague Riot». The tongue-less bell was hanging muted for over than 30 years. In the early XIXth century, when the tower was under renovation, the bell was removed and given over to the Kremlin's Arsenal. In 1851, it was transferred to the Armoury Chamber.
Its height is 38 m.